Monday, September 1, 2008

Meet Bigsby

Well, we finally did it...we got a PUPPY!!! We welcomed home Bigsby, a pure bred black lab, today and he's sleeping soundly (for now). He is about 7 weeks old. Casey had called around to a few different breeders who had advertised in the paper, and he found one near Monroe, NE (west of Columbus) who had raised the grandmother and both mother and father of this litter.(we actually got to see and play with all three before we met Bigsby!!) They live on a farm, have three young kids, and so we felt very comfortable that our puppy would have been very well cared for so far. So, we took off from home around 3:30 and after meeting the three black lab puppies that were left, we decided on him!! We got back home around 8:30 tonight, and so far he's not too excited to eat or drink, has been hiding under chairs, and crying (it makes your heart break!). But we know it's just because we are new and he misses his mom and siblings, so in a couple days we are sure he'll feel right at home here. Enjoy the pictures!!



Well, I guess I'll just hang out here until I figure out my new home.

Not quite sure I want to eat....

I already like to play with my new toy!!!

I think I will like him...they both say.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

He's adorable! It'll be fun spoiling a new puppy in the family. Can't wait to meet him!
Love, Mom

Ron said...

Looks like fun!! For you!! Really, he looks like a keeper. Labs are great dogs.

Megan Brueseke said...

Awww - so cute! I love him already. (and now I miss Roxie even more :( ) Too bad you didn't get him before we left, Boden would have loved that! Not sure Bigsby would have enjoyed Boden though. Happy potty training Casey! LOL:)