Saturday, September 20, 2008

My sincere apologies

OK, so here's my attempt at an explanation. I had told Dad I was planning to go with my teacher friends to Varsity after school. My intention was to maybe have 1 beer (maybe not) and to relax after a difficult week. On Fridays, teachers are finished at 3:30 (after a special meeting we have each Friday from 2:30 - 3:30, called PLC). Unfortunately, OUR (the k teachers) PLC lasted until 4:00, because our principal talked to/with us the entire time. It was a frustrating meeting, and afterwards a few of us had more conversation (including some tears by a couple of teachers). Needless to say, I was ready to get out of there! I didn't get up to Varsity until almost 5:30. Yes, I had a beer, in fact I had 2, but that was all. Several of us just sat outside, enjoying the beautiful weather & visiting. (We noted that 2 of us had forgotten our cell phones.) It was getting late and people were beginning to leave. Lana Fox, Pam Osthus & I were left and of course, we kep talking, for quite a while. When we realized how late it was getting, we all decided to leave. Pam & I stood out by our cars and visited a while longer. I knew it was late, but I didn't think I should call, because I figured Dad would be sleeping & I didn't want to wake him (it seems like I usually wake him when I call), plus I thought I'd be home soon. Well... when I finally got in the car, I realized that it was REALLY late & all I thought of was, I needed to get home. I bought gas at Lucky's (which made me even later) on my way home.
So... I was thoughtless in not calling home, I am sorry. And I'm sorry that I had worried you all. It won't happen again.

No comments: