Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update on me

So, this is my first post! yay!! So, my bithday week was just busy busy busy. John, my roommates and I took a little time to go get some take out on my b-day, but I had to quickly get back to studying while they played with the wii. :(

I had my first couple tests this week and they turned out pretty good! Med-Surg, which is the hard one I got an 88. Which aparently was good, since it sounded like a lot of people weren't very happy with their grades! But we will review the test next tuesday. My other test was in Pharmacology and I got a 95%! I felt really good about the content of that test and it was much easier than I was thinking it was going to be!

We had our very first set of clinicals today, and I was a little nervous, although I did it last semester. :) It went great and I ALMOST got to put an IV in WITHOUT even learning it yet! my clinical instructor was just going to walk me through it since we don't get to do that very often...we learn how to put an IV in TOMORROW! haha. Anyway, the guys veins were REALLY hard to find, so the IV team ended up doing it, but I did get to take his old one out! that was cool. Also, I got to straight catheterize a patient today! thats where you insert a small catheter to drain the bladder when they are having urinary retention and can't empty it themself. It is a sterile procedure and I broke the sterile field pretty quickly! EEK!...but I just had to reglove and keep going. I didn't get nervous until I broke the sterile field, but my colleague and instructor all said I did VERY well, so it went GREAT! I did have 6 other people watching me do it. :)

The city has finally decided to fix the driveway, however, they are slightly worthless. They came to ask us on tuesday if we would like to do it in two segments so we could try to still use the driveway. Since it takes 5 days to dry and we have my b-day/housewarming party friday, we wanted to be able to use our driveway.....WELL....they were supposed to do it on wednesday and now it is thursday evening and all they have done is pull up the concrete and mess with the dirt (which they did YESTERDAY). SO, looks like if anything we will have WET concrete for our party, which will just be lovely. NOT. But it is getting fixed....so in a couple weeks...or at the rate they are going...a couple months-we will have a functioning driveway!


Thats it for now...take care and have a great end of the week. love you all

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Housewarming party? This Friday? Is this invitation only? Just kidding... Hey, I'm glad they're going to fix the driveway! Hopefully, they'll do a good job. Congrats again on the good/great grades this week and on your clinical adventures. Keep up the good work! Love you!

Megan Brueseke said...

wow molly - sounds like you are BUSY! The clinical stuff sounds like you are getting to learn alot - that's wonderful. I don't think I would want to catheterize someone...maybe just the thought of catheterization in general scares me...i don't know..anyway, I hope you have a great party tonight...good luck with the driveway!